Re: Hot Air Duct/"Breather pipe"

To: "kris nelson" <krisn@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: Hot Air Duct/"Breather pipe"
From: "British Sportscar Center" <mgpa@calweb.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 13:39:17 -0800
In light of recent comments from our younger brethren about the damage our
cars are causing to the environment, I'd certainly recommend removing the
cap that's sealing that fitting and attach the hose to the fitting.

Since that, it would appear, is not the cause of your recent change in
temperature/gas mileage, there's another possibility you should check: if
your distributor clamp bolt has come loose, or if your distributor vacuum
unit has developed a leak, (or, indeed, if the vacuum line to the
distributor has become disconnected), you may be running retarded - a
condition that will cause both the symptoms you describe.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center