Re: Hot Air Duct/"Breather pipe"

To: "kris nelson" <krisn@eskimo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot Air Duct/"Breather pipe"
From: "British Sportscar Center" <mgpa@calweb.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 10:43:18 -0800
Kris.......

If the hose from the "oil separator/flame trap" is disconnected, you are
running lean as the carb has a vacuum leak. This will make the car run hot
and you are probably using more gas as you have to drive the car harder to
compensate for the lean condition.

The hose is supposed to connect to a small, brass fitting on the carburetor.
It is located on the driver's side of the carb., points up at about a 45
degree angle, and is near where the accelerator cable cam is located.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center