Re: caring for my windows??

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: caring for my windows??
From: "John A. Walker" <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:18:35 -0800
No Kidding.
If you look at most non-lbc convertible tops, you can just unlatch them and
trow them back
out of the way.  But not lbc's. No,no those have to be carefully folded and
stored just right
or else your top is doomed. :(
Has anybody tried the cabriolet top that Moss sells for the MG?  I am
curious if that style top folds
any easier?

-JW

At 04:11 PM 11/11/1999 -0800, Skye Poier wrote:
>What I want to know is why MG didn't hire an Italian to design the
>top for the MGB from the start.  :)
>
>Skye
>
>Word on the street is that Ajhsys@aol.com said:
>> When you start to fold down the frame, pull the entire hood material away
>> from the frame, toward the boot, and lay it out on the boot lid.  It will
>> fold
>> itself in half.  Fold the frame down all the way.  Next, fold the side
>> windows
>> neatly onto the rear window.  You may want to add a terrycloth towel to
>> protect the windows.  Then, fold the hood forward over the frame and tuck
>> it down into the area behind the seats.  All the windows will be flat and
>> rolled a bit, but there should be no creases.

        John Walker
     john@rmartin.net
     drone@d23.com
~= Early 1974 MGB =~