Re: Paging Jan Tweten

To: MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com
Subject: Re: Paging Jan Tweten
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:08:45 -0500
Kevin,
  The car ID plate tells you the market for which it was intended. Chip
Olds broke it down this way in his Sacred Octagon articles--
  Typical TF car number might look like this  HDP46/1843
  HD are all TFs, identifying as MG two seater
  3rd letter is paint color   A=black, B=light grey, C=dark red, E=mid
green, P=ivory
  First numeral following letters identifies car class or market
  1=home market RHD, 2 - General export RHD, 3=general export LHD,
4=No.America LDH,  5 = completely knocked down RHD, 6=ckd LHD
  Second numeral, preceeding / identifies paint type.  3 = cellulose
enamel (lacquer in the US) 5= primed, 6 = cellulose body, synthetic
wings,
 the next #s are the serial number
Bob