Re: air filters

To: "Carl French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: air filters
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 07:44:29 -0800
Carl...........

When I was in business in Santa Barbara a few years ago, I was lucky enough
to have a customer who was always looking for ways to spend money on
"dress-up" and "go-fast" goodies for his early B roadster. One thing he kept
playing with was different styles of fancy air cleaners. They all looked
more effective than the factory originals, and some were even a lot more
expensive (K&N, for example), suggesting that they would be really good.

Our combined conclusion after several months? The air cleaners which give
the best performance on a stock B engine are the originals, fitted exactly
as the factory intended. Which is good news, in a way, as they are usually
still there and the refills are very inexpensive!

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center