Re: air filters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: air filters
From: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 16:33:39 -0500
Lessee now...air/fuel mixture leaves the carbs through two 1.5 in holes,
going into the engine. The stock air filter cans have two openings, each
bigger than 1.5 inches, say at least 1.75 inches.  Where is this
"restriction" to air flow coming from?  It would seem that as long as
the openings on the air filter cans are equal to, or larger than the
openings into the intake manifold, that restriction would be minimal.

Bill