Re: Z-S carb problem

To: eugh@2xtreme.net
Subject: Re: Z-S carb problem
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:02:56 -0500
Eugene,
  I can't speak to the stumble. My ZS never suffered from it except when
the ignition points were dozy or the oil in the carb dashpot was
insufficient.
  The bing bong of the flapper is easy to cure.  Find some of that thin
bubble  packaging material that is wrapped around delicate things when
being mailed.  Cut a circle to fit, and glue it onto the flapper.  I
don't suppose it's likely to catch fire from a backfire, since the air
cleaner doesn't, and it worked to eliminate the noise for me.
Bob