Hardtop Parts

To: "MGs digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hardtop Parts
From: "n" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:35:15 -0500
Michael Nadeau asks re. the seals on the Fact HT.

You're going to have to improvise.  For the rear seal I used the windsheild
header rail seal.  SICP sent me the longest one they could find.  It made it
to within a couple of inches of full width.  Used part of another spliced in
to complete it.  For the side seals, I've simply used some foam insulation
strips from my local hardware store.  While this method works for those of
us who want function, it won't work for those who play the concours game.

As for replacing the side gaskets, I seem to remember that it is a thin
rubber gasket that wraps around the plastic glazing.  You should be able to
find something that would work.  The problem you will find is that some of
the screws that join the corners of the three frame pieces may be corroded.
Buy a supply of item #12 in VB catalog.  If you are careful/lucky, the
corner pieces (shown, but not numbered in the VB catalog) will be intact.  I
think I bought some from VB a number of years ago when I was restoring the
Fact. HT I now use.

If all else fails, try Bromsgrove MG Centre in England.  That's where I
found a complete side window & frame.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB now snug with HT, but temp in the 60's in CT