Re: MGB GT Questions

To: BOB HILL <oldcars@newt.vallnet.com>
Subject: Re: MGB GT Questions
From: Linda Gaubert <efg2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 00:18:00 -0500
bob---i have a 73GT and a 70 roadster---have owned roadsters for 30 plus
years, bought the GT a few years ago because it was a deal.  My wife
fell in love with it and the rest is history.

biggest problem area is heat---very hot car in the summer,but otherwise
I love it--perfect for those early spring/late fall trips.  The car is
much tighter feeling than a roadster.

mine seems overall similar condition---122k miles on car, with recent
rebuild, new standard interior, excellent paint, but paint beginning to
bubble on wheel arch, slight dent on rear panel had been repaired but in
primer, wire wheels, bumpers could stand replacement.  Also has dealer
air conditioning---working condition, but needs fan motor and controls.
It needed rear springs and shocks badly, and I rebuilt the brakes after
about 500 miles and an exhaust after the first driving season.  I paid
$2000 about 3 1/2 years ago, but i see similar ones selling for $3500 to
$4000...like i said, it was a deal i could not pass up

ED GAUBERT