Re: MGB GT Questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB GT Questions
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 06:06:56 -0800 (PST)
$3,500.

I've owned several.  They're quieter than the roadsters are.  The cost to
restore is greater with more glass and upholstery to replace, but they're
worth less.  Other than that, there's not much difference between the GT's
and roadsters.

I would try to find a '65-'67 as they are much more of a classic sports car
than the later cars.  I have a '73 B GT and it's a pain to work on compared
to the older cars.  The cars got slower, the interiors were cheapened, and
the emissions were more restrictive after 1967.

Don Scott

At 09:37 PM 11/22/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>I have always liked the looks of hte GT series B's but never really
>considered buying one until the last few weeks.  I guess I have a couple
>of questions since I have never owned a GT
>
>1)  For anyone owning one or having owned one, what are the pros and cons
>verses the roadster (except the obvious of course).  Anything in
>particular I need to look for on a GT verses a roadster (prone problem
>areas, etc)?
>
>2)  I knw the GT are not as sought after as the roadster and of course do
>not demand the price but I have found a 73 that is fairly nice.  Paint is
>presentable but not prefect.  The interior is real nice original that
>looks very presentable.  New tires on Rostyles.  High mileage car but
>engine rebuilt 20K miles ago.  New tires, no rust, no O/D, all gaugaes and
>lights work.  Mechanically the car seems fine and the body is good but I
>would probably want to repaint it in a couple of years.  All chrome is
>very presentable.  I know it is very difficult to ascertain a value
>without seeing the car but what would a ball park figure be for the value
>of the car?  Or maybe a range based upon the described condition?
>
>Any help would be appreciated
>
>Bob
>
>79 MGB

The above address is for list purposes only.  Please send private e-mail to:
scottdon@napanet.net

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
    Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF, & 215 V8
Check it out:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/