Re: Restoration

To: "Baker, G." <gbaker@customcpu.com>, "MG Board" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Restoration
From: "Don Haynam" <mgdr@quiknet.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:21:14 -0500
The answer is not how long in time as non-working time can be unlimited.
The only measure is actual working time and that is approximately 950 hrs.
I have done both a TD (53) and an MGA Twin Cam (59).
They were done to the very last nut and bolt.
The off road time was 9 months for the Twin Cam and 11 months for the TD.
Obviously I worked every day on them , but I am retired and can do so.
You can also see if you have a shop do the rebuild , it can get expensive.
Happy Motoring and do the work yourself, enjoy the effort and forget about
the time
Don  Haynam