Re: High RPMs bad?

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Re: High RPMs bad?
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:30:42 -0700 (MST)
I run my engine near redline all the time, I have driven it from Co to Oh
a couple of times at no less than 4500 rpm for 20 hours straight, I love
it and my car loves it, but I do beleive that it wears bearings out
faster.  I don't think that it does any real damage, just wears out the
consumable engine bits faster.  The biggest advantages of an O/D are about
5 mpg better mileage and less noise, but less noise isn't always
desireable.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT rust free and burnt orange