MGB GT - what a wasted trip I made !!!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB GT - what a wasted trip I made !!!!
From: BOB HILL <oldcars@newt.vallnet.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:36:41 -0600 (EST)
Well just got back from the 6 hour journey to look at the MGB GT.  The
owner obviously described the car the way he WISHED it looked - not the
way it really was.  I spent a lot of time ont he phone asking him
detailing questions about the car and even mentioned that I had just
gotten back from a rabbit chase last weekend becasue the guy
misrepresented the car.

The owner told me that the only problem with the interior was a crack
onthe dash about the glove box - what B doesn't have that?  Anyway, the
interior was a mess.  Cheap seat covers over foam!!  The carpet was
pitiful and the panel were "so-so".  He said the car ran great but when I
test drove it, I was wondering if I woudl make it back to his place!  THe
clutch had to be completely released in order to move the car adn as I was
driving down the road, the brakes nearly failed and when I went to check
the emergency brake, it didn't work.

He had told me over the phone tha tthe paint was a "not so good" job but
in actually, it and the new tires were the only good points of the car.
Needless to say, he still owns the car!

I am so tired of going to look at cars beased on a description over the
phone just to drive for hours and see a pile of cr*p!  Sorry but I jsut
had to get that off my chest.

Bob

79 MGB
77 Midget