Re: 2 Litre

To: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Subject: Re: 2 Litre
From: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:16:12 -0700 (MST)
>From what I have read, a block free of damage will take the conversion
with relatively few concerns.  However, if there are any defects in the
original casting, boreing out the cyls the thier limit may fail.  I guess
there is no way to tell if there are any casting defects in the block
until the work is attempted.  I don't recall if the 67 was three main or 5
but I would be hesitant of doing the work on a 3 main engine, just because
of the increased power versus the lower strengeth of 3 main bearings.
Like I said this is all from what I have read about the subject, I've
never attempted it.

James Nazarian
'71 B roadster
'71 BGT rust free and burnt orange