Re: To Re Chrome, or not to Re Chrome.

To: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: To Re Chrome, or not to Re Chrome.
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 07:34:51 -0600
"Feldman, Jack (Jack)" wrote:  I seem to remember that the wisdom

> of the list is that the new ones furnished by Moss and VB are pretty junky
> and corrode easily. That means the expense of having the present bumpers and
> overridders rechromed at a greater expense.
>

> OK, do I go the easy way and just order out of the catalog, or do I find
> someone to rechrome them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack

Take the old ones to a reputable bumper shop and get their price.  While you are
there you can take a look at the way real chrome (and repair) is done.  With the
price in hand you can then make your decision.

For my money the rechrome is the way to go.  The aftermarket bumpers do not have
the quality (meaning longer lasting).  I think (really dangerous here!) that the
OEM bumpers are slightly thicker than the aftermarket ones as well.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO