Re: Drainless Question

To: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Subject: Re: Drainless Question
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:06:34 -0800
Dave,

       I guess that GT's and Roadsters are the same in this regard -- here's
what worked for me on my '77 Roadster.  At your handy parts/hardware/etc. store,
pick up one of those gadgets that's intended for picking up parts, etc.  They're
typically about 2' long, very flexible, with a plunger knob at one end and 3 or
4 fingers that stick out of the other end when the plunger is pressed.  Stick it
down through the opening in the vent, at the right side, about half way back.
You should be able to at least get it started into the drain tube.  Push the
plunger, release it, pull up some 'gunk', toss it away, repeat the operation
until you feel the tool go through the end of the rubber tube at the bottom of
the drain.  You'll be surprised how much crud can be in there.

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB