Re: Does the OD tranny require a shorter drive shaft?

To: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>,
Subject: Re: Does the OD tranny require a shorter drive shaft?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:39:29 -0700
This is true. I have a spare 1000 and a spare 1280 which I have taken
apart. And there is a metal spindle (?) in each, with differing thread
patterns. So all these years, I thought this part would have to  changed to
match the appropriate gearboxes. So I can definitely say the speedometers
are different.

I believe a faceplate change could fix it like Kai said. However, I don't
think 60 mph would  be straight up. On my incorrect speedometer, 60 mph was
more at the 1 o'clock position with the o/d  and 165 tires.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT