Flick Wipe

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flick Wipe
From: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 22:44:38 -0000
Hi, All.

Anyone out there seriously clued up on electrics?

In the muck and filth of winter, it would be really nice to have a flick
wipe facility on both my classics (standard Lucas 2-speed wipers).

I vaguely recall from the '70s that this was possible by putting in an
additional feed to the wiper motor,  via a momentary contact switch. The
idea was that the wipers would wipe once when the switch was pressed, then
park again.

Question: can this work and if so, which wire should be energised via the
switch?

Thanks,

Dave Hill

David Hill/Psychomotor