Re: Flick Wipe

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Flick Wipe
From: "Jordon" <pigsfly@home.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 18:43:51 -0800
From: David Hill
> I vaguely recall from the '70s that this was possible
> by putting in an additional feed to the wiper motor,
>  via a momentary contact switch. The idea was that
> the wipers would wipe once when the switch was
> pressed, then park again.

I put a $12 gizmo in a Ford I used to have a couple years ago, that hooked
up to the wiper motor wires that allowed the wipers to work intermittently.
It had a sliding control that had the motor in the off position for anywhere
form 2 to 10 seconds. I think you can find them in most auto parts stores
(here in the states) and the wiring diagram is pretty straight forward. The
down side was that every time the wipers would wipe, you'd hear a "click"
out of the gizmo. Drove me up the wall.

Jordon
Seattle, Land of the Eternal Mist