Re: No More Speeding in the UK?-Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No More Speeding in the UK?-Reply
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 02:13:19 +0000
Scotty wrote:

> satellite it reads the speed at which the car is travelling and if
> y'all are speeding the satellite reduces the fuel flow to the engine,
> slowing you down to the posted speed for that stretch of road.

... and how bloody dangerous is that!?

Has anyone here needed to put the foot down to get out of a dangerous
situation (avoid some other silly motorist or other hazard)?

Now you are going to be left stranded?

Admittedly my little Primrose beast doesn't take off like a rocket but
sometimes you just gotta get a move on and I don't think I am going to
appreciate Big Brother throttling my fuel line when I need to avoid that
Mac truck that emerged from the side street without seeing me.

Braking isn't always the best option.

grrrrr

Eric
'68MGB MkII

PS Ain't it nice to see Scotty re-emerging on the list - even if he has
stopped admitting to his LE ownership in his sig :-)