Rough Running - 67 MGB

To: "mg" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rough Running - 67 MGB
From: "Tom Wagner" <twagner@pdq.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 20:36:49 -0600
To All:

Well here I go again, as I was coming back from the airport tonight
I noticed a lot of blue smoke coming out the tailpipe when idling
at a traffic light(did not smell like it was oil smoke).
Car was running rough the whole way back, about 45 miles.
I have had to reset timing numerous times in the last 2-3 weeks,
and I think this is unusual.

The car is a 67 B and it ran great to the airport this am, but then
tonight started having problems running right.  When running at
60 MPH there is no smoke, but the car still runs rough.  At traffic
light car will idle and won't stall.

Questions:

Is this an example or symptom of timing chain problems???

Is this a time to start thinking about rebuild????

Thanks for all the help.

Tom Wagner
67 MGB