Re: Rough Running - 67 MGB

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@apphosting.com>
Subject: Re: Rough Running - 67 MGB
From: richard <juju34@texoma.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 06:40:08 -0800
things to look at...

coil breaking down,

fuel pressure, lucas fule pump

air/vacuum leaks

cracked distcap/rotor, leaking plugh wires[ high tension leads] fouled
plugs

to thick/or no oil in carb slides

one carb float hung...etc

carb linkage

pvc diaphram...althought this should cause smoking[ as in oil burning ],
on top of the intake manifold between the carbs...remove the metal keepr
spring wire, prise up the cover remove and clean the rubber, hold up to
a bright light and look for daykight , daylight = replacement

since you mentioned having to set timing freguently , recently, have you
checked the points...the fibre tab that rubs the cam , can wear , and
faster with out the dab of grease it shold have,,,[if you running stock
ignition]

brit cars will make you a deep thinker...so will italian, german, etc

richard, brit/euro auto and bike restorer
'67 bgt
70  dhc
other brit and euro marquess auto and bikes