Re: Midgets and Sprites

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: Midgets and Sprites
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:29:49 +1100
Max and others,

It doesn't take much to make an A series motor go *much* faster. As
delivered by BMC, you could easily believe the performance was deliberately
held back so as
not to embarrass the B.

I've only once been beaten by a CBB in road racing, tarmac special stage
rallies
or in our equivalent to autox. Mine is not the fastest midget. This was when
I had
my old spare motor in the car and I had too tall a diff for the race track.

My car was an all steel midget with a +0.020" 1275 and the B was a 1950 full
race motor. That B is the fastest 4 cylinder B  I've seen and the faster
midgets
were still beating it by 2 or 3 secs a lap.

I was maybe 1/4 sec / lap behind the B. With my race motor and a 4.2 diff I
would have
also beaten it fairly easily.

Mike
65 Midget racecar