Re: Hand brake wire.

To: <jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hand brake wire.
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:17:31 -0800
Jon,

Actually, although there is a difference in length, either of them can be
used if you are willing to make a slight modification. Here's what you
do.........

Connect the cable to the rear brakes and the pivot point on the rear axle.
Thread the cable forward to the place it goes under the driveshaft tunnel
and connect it to the bottom of the handbrake lever.

If you have the correct cable, the "stop" on the outer cable will be able to
poke through the hole in the side of the tunnel so you can put the nut on
the other side. If you have the wrong cable, you will find the "stop" is a
little distance away from the hole.

So, then your choice is simple - drill a new hole for the "stop" or order a
new cable, wait several weeks and pay lots of import duties. Since your
seats are already taken out, drilling the hole will be the easier choice, I
suspect! You should plug the original hole with a bolt and nut to stop water
leaking in later.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center