Re: Jag, now economy!

To: lbcholt@one.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jag, now economy!
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:52:03 EST
In a message dated 1/13/00 9:15:36 AM Eastern Standard Time, lbcholt@one.net
(Bill Holt) writes:

<< For $45,000, neither one.  I'd take two or three LBC's and put the
 substantial balance in the "rainy day" fund. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm with you, Bill.  I paid $45,000 for my house.  (Er...the ex's house.)  If
I were looking for a new car, I might consider $13K for a new Ford Focus ZX3,
which is doing great in the WRC rallies.

I just bid on a 1990 Range Rover on eBay (Your Personal Trading Community).
I had the first bid, and it said bidding started at $1000!  So I bid $1100.
I was outbid in about 5 minutes.  (The blue book value is $13,000.)  Hey, if
I could get it for $1K, I wouldn't mind flying to Dallas, TX to pick it up.
It's up to $8100 today, and the reserve hasn't been met.

Let's see, a good stable would include a Spridget for nice days and
autocrossing, a BGT for winter and really heavy rain, and maybe a Land Rover
88 for parts hauling.  There may be room for a Jag for those "I'm in the mood
for air conditioning and listening to tunes" days.

The challenge:  What 4 cars make up your "Perfect" garage?  LBC content
required.  No more than 4 cars allowed.  (C'mon...it's a slow day on the
'net!)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget