Re: Jag, now economy!

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jag, now economy!
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:51:06 -0600
There are good deals out there, you've just got to know how to search and how to
bid.  For my MGB V8 project I've purchased the following items on eBay:  '62
Buick
Aluminum Block V8, Camaro T5 transmission, Hurst shifter and Allison electronic
ignition.  On the transmission alone I saved $400 over buying it at my local
wrecking yard, on the other items I saved another 3 to $400.  I've also gotten
some very good deals on old out of print car books.  On the other hand I have
walked away from a lot of auctions.  You just need to know what an item is
worth.
When I see a book that I am interested in, the first thing that I do is run a
search on the used book web site to see what they are going for.  I have found
it
a very good source for hard to find items (where else could I have found a
repair
manual for my 1947 Philco tabletop radio?).

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO