Re: Speedo cable rerouting...

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo cable rerouting...
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:40:33 -0800
Hmmm, I don't think any drilling is required. If you get the longer cable
(I think for OD cars), just route it the usual way and you will have
enough slack on the end to fit it to the transmission without the angle
drive. I have OD and the cable is so long I had to clip it to the
framerail to keep it from dragging the ground. I may have routed it
differently than original, however.

No, wait a  second. The angle drive on back of the speedo? What kind of
car are you talking about? MGBs have the right angle drive at the
transmission end of the cable. This might be some kind of DPO  mod...

Jon Lind had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149