Re: Ring Job

To: "Rick Roberts" <rrobertsmg@hotmail.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ring Job
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:01:35 -0800
I've done a complete V8 rebuild. I would say something like this for
rings & bottom end on a 4:

time commitment = 6
attention to detail = 9
mechanical difficulty = 7

But we may be working from different baselines, and so may other
advice-givers. I would recommend studying the procedure in the manual and
visualizing yourself doing all the steps, and how much time each one
might take (then double that!). Does it seem intimidating? Do you
understand the terminology? Do you have the proper tools, or are you
willing to buy them? Do you know someone you could consult if you got
confused?

I think it's a doable project, and it would certainly familiarize you
with the intimate details of your engine, but you should understand what
you're getting into.

Rick Roberts had this to say:

--

Max Heim