Re: Safety Fast

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety Fast
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:12:30 EST
In a message dated 01/19/2000 7:22:32 PM Eastern Standard Time, skye@ffwd.com
writes:

<< My personal opinion is that while Safety Fast is a clever slogan, it's
 kind of lame.  Safety is nice and all but it's not why anyone buys an
 MG now is it? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's one of the mysteries of marketing.  After many posts about this subject,
it apparently goes back to the early 1930's.  I think it's amazing that MG
has continued to use it for so many decades.  It has obviously turned into a
phrase that sounds neat, but nobody who reads ads is intelligent enough to
figure out what it actually means.

I own an MG, I like safety, and I go fast.  See...I fit!

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport