Superchargers

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Superchargers
From: "Dave Wood" <djw69@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:27:09 -0800
It is my understanding that the horsepower increase is for normal rpms like
1500 to 4500 for the 180 hp.  There is reference to a racing cam and over
200 hp but that increase comes with the higher rpms such as 7000.  For most
of us who drive on the street, this is not a good option.  I was hoping that
one of you would have already done this and could tell us if we need to put
in a racing clutch, rebuild the tranny, rear-end, etc.  I was contemplating
(dreaming) of putting a V8 in my B, but when I read through the Speedpro
series on doing just that, I decided it was too much for me to accomplish
and I expect it would cost more money than a blower conversion.

Dave