RE: Superchargers

To: "MGB" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Superchargers
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 14:07:30 -0700
At 180 hp the rear end will be OK.

You'll need a heavy duty clutch and pressure plate.

The wheels should be bolt on.

You'll need a spare transmission, or a conversion to a
Japanese transmissions.

The bottom end of your engine won't last long.  Special
preparations will help, but count on big end and main
bearings on a regular basis.

V8 vs. inline 4?  There is no substitution for cubic inches.

Larry Hoy

racing cam and over
> 200 hp but that increase comes with the higher rpms such
as 7000.  For most
> of us who drive on the street, this is not a good option.
I was hoping that
> one of you would have already done this and could tell us
if we need to put