Re: Tan, vinyl top for MGB stow away

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>,
Subject: Re: Tan, vinyl top for MGB stow away
From: "RL Chrysler" <lchrysl@fhs.csu.McMaster.CA>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:51:31 -0500
Is there anyone who makes a TAN vinyl top for an MGB?  I accidentally
>ended up with a top from Crown that was some dingy, grayish-beigish and
>they say it's their only non-black vinyl top.  Tan has to be the second
>most common color--why is cloth the only option?

You know, the really ironic thing here is the fact that Jon has just
described what certainly sounds to me to be the original colour that BMC
offered on the early tops. I'd have to describe it as rather a "mushroom"
colour. BMC called it "grey". I believe it was available at least on red
cars and black cars originally. Might consider a second look at that one!
Extremely rare today.
Rich Chrysler