Re: Oh My Gawd

To: Rhbuxton@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oh My Gawd
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@tfs.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 22:20:05 -0600
Rhbuxton@aol.com wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am a lurker and don't usually post but I have a question  How much
> modification is okay in your holy eyes?  None?  Just a little?

Your money and your car?  Have at it!  You might get some differing opinions,
however.

>   Can I put a
> different year engine in my car and not be a heretic?

Carroll Shelby did a minor engine swap and he became famous and most think he
was
a hero.

> How about a V8 Rover
> engine in my car that came with a four cylinder?

MG did it and I think they could be considered heroes.

>  If that is okay, why not an
> american V8?

Lots of folks are using the Ford 302 w/ pretty good results.

you can't tell me that it is unexceptable because it isn't pure and you can't
tell me thatit destroys the handeling because of the additional weight (the
difference isthat of a passenger or less).

Depends on where the weight is and, up front, is not a good place for it to be.
I'd suggest a little research before you begin.  A good place to start is to
subscribe to the MG V8 newsletter where you will find lots of like minded folks.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO