Re: Oh My Gawd

To: <Rhbuxton@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oh My Gawd
From: "Mike Lishego" <mlishego@asheboro.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 00:16:25 -0500
Well, in all honesty, I normally don't care what people do with
their cars.  I do enjoy laughing at them when I find them amusing.
As Garfield the cat once said, "Funny is in the eye of the
beholder."  I guess "cool" is in the eye of the beholder too.

I modify all of my cars in one way or another - but not too
extensively.  The most I ever did was upgrade my Plymouth from it's
original specs to the same specs of a more powerful model offered in
the same year.  I just don't go overboard and expect everyone to
love it (or pay 12 grand for it.)  I think it's fun - you may think
it's funny.

Some people think that red 'B is a fine machine.  I think it's a
waste of a fine machine.  Oh yeah, it's fast and red.  I never said
it wasn't.  Oddly enough, that same guy might think I wasted my time
on my Plymouth.  I don't care.  I don't do what I do for other
people - I do it for me.  And he probably did the same thing.  I
just feel what he did sucks eggs and deserved public ridicule.

And that, my friend, is the beauty of the list.  We all log on and
express opinions.  There are no dictators or communists leading the
chat in one way or another.  We say what we feel, shoot from the
hip, agree, and disagree.  And when we're done, we chat about cars.
Even better, when we shut down the computer, we go out into our
garages, carports, or driveways and do whatever the hell we want to
our cars, and nobody is there to stop us.

Opinions.  That's all they are.  No laws, rules, or decrees of
truth.  If you ask a question without a yes or no answer, you'll get
opinions on what you should do.  It's up to *you* to decide what you
agree and don't agree with.

Personally, I don't care if you strap your pristine '52 TD to a
Dodge ram frame and raise it up five feet and crush cars with it at
the local monster truck rallies.

You do whatever you want with your car.

But don't expect me to like it.

Mike Lishego