early B's and air vents in the dash?

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: early B's and air vents in the dash?
From: "Pearson, Tim" <tpearson@westpac.com.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:14:05 +1100
Before I start, I'm talking UK/Europe/Aus spec here....

B's up to 71 had the radio panel in the middle of the dash. On 72-76 cars,
this had migrated down to the centre console, and the rectangular hole in
the dash conatined air vents. Now, my 66 has the decorative panel over the
hole in the dash, cause I don't use a radio. But I would like some air
vents......

So....

1/ Is the radio hole (pre 71) and the vent hole (post 71) the same size?
2/ Would a pair of vents from a post 71 car just clip into the radio hole of
a pre 71?
3/ If so, where do the flexible tubes lead to ? (the parts catalogue shows
the vents and the flexi tubes, but not where they come from)
4/ Anyone done this?
5/ Any other caveats anyone can think of?

cheers....

Tim

66B YGHN3-3238