First hello and looking for a tonneau cover

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: First hello and looking for a tonneau cover
From: "Michael Torrusio" <mtorrusi@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 09:41:25 -0800
Hi;
New to the list - just recently bought a '71 B.  Love the car.  Checked
everything out then drove it from my home in Portland, Maine to St.
Petersburg, Florida.  Three great days, except for the four inches of snow
we struggled through across Mass and down NY.  No problems encountered down
or back, other than the speedometer which said I was doing either 60 or 90
mph.  Held 4 to 4,500 rpm for the entire trip, which I think put me in the
80mph category.  Anyone know what the revs to miles ratio is for the B?
Once down there, found the tonneau cover to be about 1-1/2 inches too short.
Folks tell me it's not unusual for the cover to shrink, so I'm looking for
one.
I've found your conversations to be very enlightening and look forward to
being of some help myself in the future.
--
Ciao.

Mike.