RE: Convertible Top

To: "Maffei Andrew P SSgt 27LG/LGQPT" <Andrew.Maffei@cannon.af.mil>,
Subject: RE: Convertible Top
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 08:21:49 -0700
> I have used both Moss and VB,  and lets face facts,  they
are a bit overpriced,  do you
> not agree?  but then again, as even you stated,  where
else are you going to go?
> Andy 66B

Andy,

I don't think I agree.  Price a top for a Chrysler LeBaron
and get back to us, or ANY other current convertible car.

For that matter price any comparable part; I think you'll
find that Moss is less than, or very close to the modern day
part.  Try brake rotors, valve covers, wheels, hoods,
radiators, water pumps, wheel bearings, interior kits,
bumpers, tail lights; let us know what you find out.  Of
course there will be exceptions, but remember these cars
have been out of production for 20-50 years.

The beauty of this "hobby" is you can actually have fun,
drive your car, and it will cost less than any other car.
Priced a Mazda Miata lately?  Not to mention that the value
of an MG is likely to go up over time, while the price of a
modern car is likely to go down.

Frankly if it weren't for companies like Moss, Victoria
British, and yes, Northwest Imports you might not even be
driving an MG around.

Larry Hoy