RE: Cylinder head modifications

To: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>,
Subject: RE: Cylinder head modifications
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 22:40:09 -0700
I would have to agree with Lawrie here.  The only other
thing I might add is this.

If you insist on increasing compression there are better
ways.  All are more expensive and more complicated, but
better.  MGs are not known for their strong heads, milling
anything off the head will increase compression and power
but at the expense of the integrity of the head.

So you can reduce the combustion chamber size by using
special pistons; or, milling the block (you still have the
integrity problem, this time with the block); or, changing
the length of the connecting rods; or, index grinding the
crank.

I would prefer any of these methods over milling the head.

Having said all this you would do yourself a favor by
reading Lawrie's comments again.

Good luck and have fun.

Larry Hoy