Re: Purchasing stuff in the UK from the US. Questions....

To: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>,
Subject: Re: Purchasing stuff in the UK from the US. Questions....
From: ya632@victoria.tc.ca (Paul Nelson)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:42:38 -0800
At 16:46 2/18/00 +0000, Graziano, Michael wrote:
>I was going to wire him cash,  but my Chase fee was prohibitive.  Can I send
>a check in US dollars?  Will he be charged fees for cashing a US Check?  His
>bank is Lloyds.  Should I just mail him the required amount in cash?  I have
>an FX exchange desk at work that doesn't charge a fee.  I'm not worried
>about trust.

        I would get a money order in poounds sterling from a bank here
which has a coorespondent bank in GB.  When I send US$, I buy a money order
drawn on Bank of America, NYC from my local credit union.
        BTW, someone listed an Austrailian auction some months back which
had an MG on it.  I want to look it up, and I've lost the bookmark.  Could
someone send me the URL?
         I'm trying to help someone in Jakarta order in a portable CD-ROM
for their Macintosh 540c laptop, and Oz seemed a lot better place to find
one than ebay.  YTIA.
Paul Nelson