Brake switch

To: <skye@ffwd.com>
Subject: Brake switch
From: "Dave Ahrendt" <ahrendt@agfa.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 07:36:47 -0500
Hi Skye,

Last summer my brake light switch on my '59 MGA failed.  I mentioned this
to a friend who happens to be "into" street rods.  He directed me to a
street rod
mail order place called "Ron Francis Wire Works" or something like that.
Don't have
the catalog handy.  They do have a Web site.

Anyways, they have a switch advertised to be impervious to DOT5 and
operating at
a much lower pressure.  The only problem is that it has modern spade lug
type terminals
rather that the screw terminals but they provide the lugs with the switch.
I put one of these in the MGA and the pressure required is very low.  Like
Barney said I can operate the lights using just my thumb on the pedal.

The price is a bit high ~$16.00 but if I only have to do it once that's OK.

They also have a bunch of neat stuff like halogen bulbs, cut-off switches,
etc.

No interest, just a satisfied customer. YMMV. Offer not valid in Utah, etc.,
etc.

Dave

'46 MG-TC
'59 MGA