Re: No Flames Please

To: Kensington Furniture Company <kensington-fc@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: No Flames Please
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:50:45 -0700 (MST)
Is the tach electrical?  This sounds like an electrical problem.
Something may be moving when you break hard.

This past summer my wife and I were driving P2 from the Glenwood Springs
Rallye in Colorado to the NAMGAR meet in Lake Tahoe.  Two in the morning
in the middle of nowhere Utah the car starts bucking and the ignition
goes out.  Couldn't find anything wrong under the hood, car started up and
continued.  Later determined that the coil holddown had snapped and the
coil was free to move back and forward.  When it moved back far enough, it
would ground out the ignition.

--
Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.       www.khoral.com/staff/kevins/mgstuff