Re: Be happy drive it all the time

To: Michael Torrusio <mtorrusi@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Be happy drive it all the time
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 10:22:13 -0600
Hi Mike,

  Two schools of thought on this.  One says push in the clutch to remove
the gearbox drag.  The other says leave the clutch alone to minimize
wear on the crankshaft thrust washers.

  I opine that since the B tranny doesn't use thick gear oil and isn't
very big, the second school makes more sense, especially because the
engines in many of our LBCs have experienced plenty of internal wear as
it is.  Also, in my B, when I depress the clutch at idle the engine
slows down a bit.  Looks like there's more drag with the clutch pedal
down.

  My $.02,

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B