Re: SU disassembly

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: SU disassembly
From: "Richard Crump" <rcrump@enid.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:45:04 -0600
Charles:
AN is a standard fixed needle for a 1275.  The shoulder should be flush w/
the base of the piston.  I am not sure I understand you question re:
smoothness.  The AN needle is .090 at the top of the shoulder and tapers
down to the distal end.  The taper is measured at 1/8 inch intervals to
determine the needle's profile.  Fixed needles don't wear out.  (The later
spring-loaded ones did.  The fixed needle must be perfectly centered in the
jet or it will drag and the piston will not rise and fall smoothly.  To
check this, there should be a distinct "click" when you raise the piston to
the top and again, when you let it fall.  If there is no click, the needle
is bent, or the jet is not centered and you need to recenter w/ a PSW jet
centering tool kit.
Good luck!

Richard