GT ventwindow rubbers

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT ventwindow rubbers
From: Jouke Bloem <jbloem@bart.nl>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 18:09:31 +0100
Hello,

My MGC GT suffers from wind noise. I don't know if it is worse compared
to other GT's but it is pretty annoying. On highways wind noise is more
prominent than anything else, even the six cylinder beast under the
bonnet...

One cure could be replacing the dried out vent window rubbers (not the
thin ones holding the glass) in the door frame. My question is can i
just pull out the old ones and replace them or do we have to take the
chrome frames apart? Not that that would be a big problem but we worked
on the doors already some time ago and i have more interesting things to
work on now!

Thanks Jouke Bloem