Re: Cooling question

To: Steve Conley <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling question
From: richard <juju34@texoma.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 05:48:11 -0800
sound like the symptom of the " i have never replaced my radiator cap"

if you are loosing coolant, do/or have a system pressure check, on your
cooling system

if the system is holding pressure to spec, then replace the cap, caps
are cheap and sould be replaced on a regular basis

a lowly piece of the system, with great importance...ie the cap

richard,scot in exile, euro wrench of brit/euro cars and bikes
67 b-gt, 70 b tourer

btw,,,i traveld to central texas to do a repair on a customers jaguar,
stopping for gas i popped the bonnet on my ole 635csi bmw coupe, to look
things over while my wife went to pay for gas and buy my required
caffine...as i was about to close the bonnet some thing, that caught my
eye

my top radiator hose,,,, the shape of a foot ball, i loosed the rad cap
to relieve the pressure...and the hose returned to its normal
shape...off to pep boys, thank G*D , they were still open, and bought a
generic flex hose, and some replacement coolant

its time, to be checking our cooling sys

Steve Conley wrote:

> Did anyone see that idiot driving with top-down in 50 degree (F) weather
> yesterday? Oh yeah, that was me!
> My question is this, on my '76 B the temp usually runs mid-way between C and
> N.   Recently it heats up quickly and goes right to N and above.  It doesn't
> overheat, but some spits out when I park after an extended drive. It's not
> even hot yet!  Recently flushed coolant.
> Do you think I might need a new thermostat? How can I test it?  Anything
> else I should be looking at?
> TIA
>
> Steve Conley
> Marysville, WA  USA