Re: Cooling question

To: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling question
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:08:02 +0100
Like MO says, try replacing the radiator cap, my V8 used to vomit a little
after stopping till I did that.  Normal expansion will blow out any excess
while it is heating up.  Water loss after switching off indicates either
insufficient pressure or excess heat in the engine.  However if you have a
higher gauge reading as well then it looks like excess heat which could be
the stat, or bad timing, or weak mixture to name but three.

PaulH.