Re: Landrover Sale

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Landrover Sale
From: Transmancat@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 00:14:42 EST
Hi Guys
 The Scimitar was one hell of a good car. I have had several of them and If I
could get one over here in the US I would have one again. The small Scimitar
called the SS1 was a good project that had a great base but lost sales due to
under funding and a vehicle that went out to the customer with known faults
before the things got to the showroom. All the panels are plastic and can
reform there shape (within reason) after a collision. They trouble is that
the paint would not stick to the panels either!  I remember the launch of the
car at the Motor Show, the car on the show stand was silver and at the end of
each day we had to change every body panel with freshly painted ones because
if we left them on overnight, the paint was on the floor the next
morning!!!!!!!!!! YES that is true folks!

The final evolution of the car was what it should have been to start with as
it had by then got a Japanese turbocharged 1.8 and the other bugs were ironed
out.

Fun days! I just remembered, the day the car was launched at the show it was
fitted with a nice cover over where the softtop was. That was because the top
had not been invented yet! Oh and the hard top ....Well never mind, that can
wait for another day.

Regards,
John J, Black
http://www.waterloo-dtr.com