Aluminium bonnets and other stuff

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Aluminium bonnets and other stuff
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 08:49:05 -0700
All of this talk of not so perfect and difficult to repair
aluminium bonnets -- I'm interested in ok, but not great
bonnets (that aren't too far from San Diego).  It's one
bolt-on body panel that I don't have spares for.

We will be using hood pins (sorry Kelvin).  If the rules allowed,
I'd have pins front and rear.  A 'B is so much easier to work on
with the bonnet off!

The one on our 'GT is a little tweaked, and I all things considered,
we don't want to fight the orignal latch mechanism at all.  It'll
probably all get pulled.  "7.2:  The stock hood and trunk latches
may be modified or replaced."

On the steering wheel.  I've got a hub and wheel out of a later car,
the splines look the same, so I may just go that route.

We've been stripping down the car.  My co-driverfound a dirty but amazingly
crisp-in-detail 1968 penny deep in one of the rear corners.  We can
pull carpets, headliners, and any associated padding.  The car still
has the original paint job, and is pretty straight all things considered.

I'm looking for a couple of things.  I want to replace the electric
oil pressure gauge.  If anyone has one of the mid 70's rectangular
mechanical gauges in good condition, I'd be interested.

I'm trying to compile a list of all of the bits we want to get rid of.
I won't spam the list, but if anyone is interested in bits from '67
and '68 GTs, let me know.

Well, gotta go get breakfast and then get back to the car,

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.TeamSanctuary.com/