RE: Turn signal blinking

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Turn signal blinking
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 02:50:16 -0400
Max,

The cause may be in one of the involved lamp units providing (poor) ground
supply.
Some electrical cicuits provide separate ground per lamp other circuit rely
on the ground supplied by the lamp housing. Best is to have all grounds
almost zero ohms.
Sometimes running an extra ground wire from a good ground reference point to
a lamp housing can help.

Measuring:
Get all lamps out of the particular side lamp housings right or left
including side lamps, flasher lamps and brake lamps. (main beams are not
included in this story!)
Then with an ohm meter measure the ground of the front flasher lamp unit.
Do the same at the rear.

What is as real ground point?
Take one of the meter leads to a central ground spot where several ground
wires are hooked together. After this is cleaned wel, you may expect this is
a good ground reference point.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hans