Re: engine swap

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine swap
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 18:13:54 -0600
Larry:

Dead simple.

If you use a pre-'68 B flywheel/clutch/starter with early B gearbox or
the A gearbox with B clutch lever arm, etc., the only practical
difference between installing a 3-main motor and the 5-main motor is in
the rear engine plate which incorporates the 5-main crank oil seal
(change it before installing motor). The 3-main motor does not have a
rear oil seal.

If you want the 4-synchro B gearbox, then the job is much tougher -
particularly if it has OD.

Dave Q.